Understanding Election Security: Part One
May 17 @ 12:00 pm - May 17 @ 4:00 pm
Attendance: Virtual Event with the option for In-Person attendance at the Quantico Cyber Hub*
This event is for State, Local, Election and Tribal government officials ONLY.
During this event, we will cover all the basic knowledge to ‘Understanding Election Security’ including:
- History of Voting Systems
- Voting Systems in the 50 States
- Arriving on-site to county election HQ to support security operations
- Typical election cycles inside the election office
- Threat actor types, motivations & potential targets for different impacts
- Exposed attack surfaces and vectors
- Mitigating Potential Risks
- Typical surprises and misconceptions around data governance
- How to recover from incidents
- And so much more!
* In-person attendance is limited. If interesting in attending this course in-person, email us at email@example.com for additional information.
Founding Partner and Hacker, Election Integrity Foundation
Mr. Harri Hursti is a world-renowned data security expert, internet visionary and serial entrepreneur. He began his career as the prodigy behind the first commercial, public email and online forum system in Scandinavia. He founded his first company at the age of 13 and went on to cofound EUnet-Finland in his mid- 20’s. Today, Harri continues to innovate and find solutions to the world’s most vexing problems. He is among the world’s leading authority in the areas of election voting security and critical infrastructure and network system security.
Chief Informational Officer, Election Integrity Foundation
Dan has served as Chief Information Officer, Security Officer, and Technology Officer for 25 years, 14 of those years have been spent in healthcare and biotech, 11 in manufacturing, technology and hospitality companies. He advises companies that provide artificial intelligence/machine learning, cybersecurity, innovation, design, analytics, advanced computing, wireless, biotech, and digital services to large private and public enterprises around the world.
COVID-19 protocols for in-person meetings are in place per VA Governor executive order.
This course is supported through FEMA grant, EMW-2020-CA-00086.